Oriental Bird lampshade
Oriental Bird lampshade.
Round drum-shaped lampshade, covered by hand in an off-white cotton knit fabric printed in a Chinoiserie Chinese/French style.
This would be at home in both traditional and modern interiors due to its clean lines and timeless elegance.
The rigid body of the shade is covered with a high quality 100% cotton fabric and attached to white metal rings top and bottom, the top edges are then rolled and tucked under.
Sizes refer to the diameter of the rings - I make them in standard heights but they can be made to other heights for custom orders.
These are made in my home studio in Chester, England and can be shipped to most addresses across the world.
Your standard size options:
- 15cm (6") diameter, approx 15cm (6") high. Suggested uses: bedside/nightstand lights, pendant light for fittings that have more than one shade.
- 20cm (8") diameter, approx 18cm (7") high. Suggested uses: small standard/table lamps, ceiling/pendant light for very small rooms.
- 25cm (10") diameter, approx 20cm (8") high . Suggested uses: medium standard/table lamps, ceiling/pendant light for small or medium sized rooms.
- 30cm (12") diameter, medium/large shade approx 21cm (8.5") high (shipping within Europe only). Suggested uses: medium-large standard/table/floor lamps, ceiling/pendant light for medium or large sized rooms. This size is the most popular and tends to suit most sizes of rooms and lamps.
- 35cm (14") diameter, large shade approx 25cm (10") high. Suggested uses: large standard/table/floor lamps, ceiling/pendant light for medium or large sized rooms. This size can only be shipped within the UK.
Please choose the correct fitting for your fitment and country:
- UK/EU standard/table lamp (hole for bulb at the bottom of the shade, hole is 40mm diameter with a 25mm converter plug).
- US harp (for standard/table lamps, smaller hole at the top of the shade which screws onto a wire harp above the bulb).
- Ceiling/pendant lamp (hole for bulb at the top of the shade for bulbs on hanging flexes).
- White - gives you maximum brightness when lit, as it allows the light to shine through the fabric.
Pattern placement and colours will vary slightly, particularly on smaller sizes. There will be a small joining seam at the back where the pattern will not match.